Information for Students
Join us next year on September 15-16, 2020, for our university-wide career fair connecting students across all majors, graduate programs and degree levels with employers seeking to recruit for career employment, internships and co-ops.
2019 Fair Information:
Tuesday, September 17 – Wednesday, September 18, 2019 | Ohio Union | Noon - 4 p.m.
Thursday, September 19, 2019 Interview Day
- A list of employers will be posted before the fair.
- Professional dress is required. Current students should bring a BuckID for entry; there is no pre-registration required. Recent Ohio State alumni are welcome to attend and should bring a copy of their resume for entry
- If you need to request accommodations for the Career Fair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, September 10
- Professional Headshots: If you had a professional headshot taken during the 2019 Fall Career and Internship Fair, it will be available below to download after the career fair
Find your professional picture here: go.osu.edu/careerfairheadshots
- You can also use the LinkedIn Profile Checklist to build a profile that will help you expand your network and get noticed by recruiters
- Check out our Career Fair & Preparation page for more information on how you can prepare for the event
Career Fair Prep Events 2019
Below are the preparation events being held before the 2019 Fall Career & Internship Fair. Most events will be on Handshake and we suggest you check there for the most up-to-date information. All of the below events can be found on Handshake.
- Professional Profile Clinic - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Ohio Union: Suzanne M. Scharer Room , Tanya Rutner Hartman Room, Rosa M. Ailabouni Room - Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Converting CV to Resume and Career Fair Tips - 2 - 4 p.m. - Ohio Union: Ohio Staters, Inc. Traditions Room - Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Attend this workshop to learn how to translate the graduate and professional experience from your Curriculum Vitae into an employer-friendly resume. Also, gain insight into strategies for successfully navigating The Ohio State University Career and Internship Fair.
- Making the Most of a Career Fair Workshop - 4:30 - 6 p.m. - Ohio Union: Ohio Staters, Inc. Traditions Room - Thursday, August 29, 2019
This workshop will address best practices and effective strategies for making the most of your time at the upcoming Ohio State Career & Internship Fair. Learn how to conduct research prior to the event, appropriately present yourself to employers, follow up after the initial introduction, and much more.
- Mastering the Application Process on USAJobs.gov - 5:30 - 7 p.m. - Page Hall - Students should bring Laptop - Thursday, September 5, 2019
- Student Life Career Closet - 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. - Ohio Union: Cartoon Room - Monday, September 9, 2019
Interviews and career fairs can be tricky, especially when you don’t have the right attire to dress to impress. Don’t have the budget to purchase an outfit for an upcoming interview? Stop by the Student Life Career Closet event, we will have gently used clothing, shoes and accessories – everything you need to make a lasting impression, at no cost to you! Dressing rooms and mirrors will be available for your convenience. This event is free and open to all students. Registration is not required.
- Graduate and Professional School Expo - 12:30 - 4 p.m. - Ohio Union: Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom and Performance Hall - Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Leveraging Handshake - 4:30 - 6 p.m. - Ohio Union: Ohio Staters, Inc. Founders Room - Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Learn how to make the most out of Handshake to find a part time job, internship, or full time job. Learn about the tools you can use to research potential employers and to find out what other people in your major have done.
- JC Penney Suit Up (Coordinated by Arts and Sciences) - 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. - JC Penny Polaris Mall, 1450 Polaris Pkwy, Columbus, OH 43240 - Sunday, September 8, 2019
30% off already sale priced and marked down items. Almost all items will already be marked down or on sale and this is an additional 30% off those prices - your total savings ARE OFTEN 60% OR MORE OFF! How to receive the discount: Students, faculty, alumni, and staff who present a valid BuckID will be given a special discount card when they check in. You must present this card at check out to receive the discount. The card is one time use only, so collect all your merchandise, and then check out once.
- Photo Booth Head Shots - Open during the Career Fair - Ohio Union: Great Hall Art Gallery - Tuesday, September 17 through Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Don’t miss this FREE opportunity to have a professional photo taken to use in your social media profiles. Open to all students. Registration is not required.
- Student Veteran & Employer Networking Reception sponsored by Enterprise - 4 - 5:30 p.m. - Page Hall: Third Floor Library - Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Your military experience has given you powerful skills and leadership opportunities that provide immeasurable value to the workplace. Join us for a special event designed to connect student veterans with employers across multiple industries. Several recruiters will be attending and are eager to meet you and explore opportunities to leverage your skills and expertise in their organizations. Appetizers and refreshments will be provided and please dress in Business attire for this event.
- Public Service and Nonprofit Careers Reception - 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. - Page Hall: Third Floor Library - Wednesday, September 18, 2019
If you have general questions about the event, questions about accessibility or wish to request accommodations please contact Carly Zeiger at Buckeye Careers. Typically, two weeks notice will allow us to provide seamless access.