2021 Career and Internship Week Recorded Sessions
Kroger Career Panel - presented virtually by Emily Rider, Kroger
There’s a lot to love about working at Kroger. Whether you start in technology and digital, one of our manufacturing or supply chain facilities, at our corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, or in one of our 2,500+ stores, one thing is clear: Kroger is a place where you can come for a job and stay for a career. Join a panel of our distinguished leaders who were once students at Ohio State just like you. Learn about career opportunities in Project/Program Management, Supply Chain, Store Management, Manufacturing, Merchandising, Finance, and HR and Corporate careers.
Disclosure: Benefit or Detriment - presented virtually by Kari Grafton, College 2 Careers Counselor, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- Attend this virtual speaker event for guidance about disclosing disabilities to an employer. Get answers to the questions: Should I disclose? When? How? This event is important for people who have a disability or knows someone with a disability that is seeking employment. The Opportunities of Ohioans with a Disability will be facilitating this discussion in collaboration with the Center for Career and Professional Success. Themes: IIA, CW, SP
Meet the Alumni Association - presented virtually by Marilyn Bury Rice and Penny Barkhurst, Alumni Association
- This virtual session will demonstrate our robust online community called Alumnifire where you can connect with alumni, students, faculty and staff of Ohio State. Join a community where Buckeyes are helping Buckeyes in exploration and support. You will also learn about the Student Alumni Council, programming, and resources available through the Alumni Association. Theme: CEC
Exploring your Values - presented virtually by Anna Wagner, Student Activities
- Knowing more about yourself will help you prepare to find a job or internship that matches your own values and goals. Come to this interactive workshop to learn more about your own personal values and talk about how to identify how future employers might align with your values. Theme: SP
Resume Tips to Land That Government Job - presented virtually by Amy Soter, John Glenn College of Public Affairs
- During this program you will learn valuable tips and information to consider when creating your federal resume. Hear directly from alumni that have positions within a government agency. After attending this event you will be confident to create a competitive federal resume. Theme: CEC
- Join Wellness Ambassadors at the BeWell Hut as we explore how you can create a positive working environment by being an active bystander. Themes: CW, IIA
Interview Like a Rockstar! - presented virtually by Madison Elsey, CDW
- During this time I will go over what to do/expect before, during and after the interview process with a company as well as give an overview of what opportunities CDW has to offer students. Themes: CW, CEC, SP
Info Session with M/I Homes - 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
presented virtually by Justin Hoopes, M/I Homes
You've Got Skills! Now Transfer Them. - presented virtually by Rachel Stefancic, Dining Services
- This presentation will ask participants to self-reflect on the skills and experiences they’ve acquired through part time jobs (on and off campus), student organizations, volunteering and sports (to name a few). Through a guided activity, participants will discover how these skills and experience can transfer to their future career goals. Discover what employers are looking for and prepare yourself to nail that interview. Finally, participants will consider what opportunities exist on campus to sharpen those valuable tools in your tool kit. Theme: CEC
Young Buckeye Career Panel - presented virtually by Rob Jech, Buckeye Leadership Fellows
- A panel of Executives and Young Alumni offering career advice and tips for students during the internship and job search. Themes: CW, IIA, CEC, SP
Salary Negotiation - presented virtually by Elizabeth Henderson and Erin Walberg, Huntington Bank
- Join Huntington Bank to learn some tips and tricks on negotiating a salary, including common themes from recruiting professionals and examples to help!
CDM Smith Information Session - presented virtually by Zachariah Bolain, CDM Smith
- Zachariah Bolain of CDM Smith will speak on his first year in water consulting. He will go over how he was able to acquire a position at the firm, and how to navigate both online and remote workspaces. In addition, he will touch on practical advice for young engineers looking to improve their skills while still in college. Theme: CEC
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Tara Nord at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made two weeks before the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
If you have a disability and rely on a screen reader or the keyboard for access to your computer you will experience difficulty using Handshake. As the university works with Handshake to improve accessibility, please contact email@example.com for assistance in navigating and using this application. A member of our team will respond within 2 business days to assist you.