As part of the Office of Student Life, Buckeye Careers is university-wide initiative designed to support students throughout their professional development, with a focus on connecting them with local, national and global organizations. For students, Buckeye Careers works in collaboration with all university career services to help all students find the customized support they need, from selecting a major to identifying an internship and starting a career. For employers, Buckeye Careers consults and connects employers with resources to support their recruiting needs, including a single portal for communicating job opportunities directly to all Ohio State students.
Nancy Thompson, Director of Buckeye Careers
- Nancy provides strategic leadership for Buckeye Careers, an integrated career development program for students that augments the existing strengths of Ohio State’s decentralized career services model. Buckeye Careers offers career development assistance, support and resources for all Ohio State students. Buckeye Careers also partners closely with hiring organizations and the college career services offices in identifying and promoting employment and experiential learning opportunities that span a wide variety of majors at Ohio State.
Jennifer Chilman, Employer Relations & Internship Director
- Jennifer develops relationships with hiring organizations, college career services departments, cross-university departments, and community partners to increase the number of internship and career opportunities for students attending The Ohio State University. She also provides consulting on the creation of new internship and experiential learning programs, marketing and promotion of internships.
Mollie-Marie Workman, Career Technology Program Manager
- Mollie manages the university-wide career management system (Handshake) in collaboration and partnership with the college and regional campus career services offices. She conducts trainings and outreach for Handshake and provide hands-on support on other Buckeye Careers initiatives, including The Ohio State University Fall Career and Internship Fair.
Open, Digital Programs Manager
- This position manages the online resources available to all students: including the Buckeye Careers website, Buckeye OnPACE and future online/digital strategic initiatives. They also provides support for the university-wide career management system, Handshake, which connects Ohio State students with employers for career employment, internships, co-ops and part-time work.
Carly Zeiger, Career Outreach & Events Coordinator
- Carly supports Buckeye Careers through managing activities and events to increase the number of internship and career opportunities for all Ohio State students, including leading the planning and implementation of the Fall Career and Internship Fair and other programming events. Carly supports employer outreach, relationships, and provides internship program consulting in order to convey the importance of internships, career services, and experiential learning for all students.
Jillian Miglich, Student Associate