Handshake for Alumni
Handshake is an intuitive, easy-to-use job search system to help students and alumni connect with employers for part-time jobs, internships, co-ops and full-time career opportunities.
Students who graduated from Ohio State have full access to Handshake. Alumni do not have access to on-campus interviews in the Handshake system. If an alumni had a Handshake account while in school, none of their account and profile information will be lost. Buckeye Careers will update them to Alumni status and confirm their degree in Handshake. If the alumnus did not have an account, they will still be able to establish and use one. Alumni have access to:
- Employer directory
- Job search function
- Ability to apply to job postings*
*Job postings in Handshake are targeted to recent alumni with entry-level job experience. Alumni with more professional experience should refer to the Alumni Career Connection board through the Bill and Susan Lhota Office of Alumni Career Management.
How to set up your account:
All Alumni must use their email@example.com email on their Handshake account. Other email addresses (BuckeyeMail, Gmail, etc.) will not be accepted. You can set up lifetime forwarding access for your Ohio State email by having your firstname.lastname@example.org email forwarded to your e-mail service of your choice, you can find more information about your email access online..
Recent Graduates (Autumn 2017 to present)
- Recent graduates have a pre-populated account in Handshake.
- Alumni after AU17 will use their Ohio State University email (email@example.com) and password to log in.
- Alumni can start searching for jobs and other opportunities.
Graduates Prior to Autumn 2017
- Alumni prior to AU17 will need to set up a new account in Handshake
- Once they have set up their account, it will be confirmed and approved by a career services staff member.
- Once approved, these alumni will have full access to their Handshake profile and they can begin their job search.
Alumni may have additional career services available to them after graduation. For details, please contact the appropriate college’s career service office. They also have access to The Bill and Susan Lhota Office of Alumni Career Management Office. This office provides career services for Ohio State alumni with a variety of career development tools and services, including the job posting board, Alumni Career Connection and Alumnifire, a professional networking and mentoring tool.