Alumni Career Services at Ohio State
The Ohio State University is committed to helping our students through all aspects of their career journey, from internships to their full-time employment. Several resources and offices on campus focus on helping alumni with career search tools and resources.
- Some college and department career services offices offer alumni services.
- The Bill and Susan Lhota Office of Alumni Career Management has experienced career consultants that can help alumni in all stages of their career using a variety of career development tools and services.
- Alumni also have access to Handshake, Ohio State's comprehensive, web-based career services management platform. Handshake is an intuitive, easy-to-use job search system to help alumni connect with employers for full-time career opportunities. Because job postings in Handshake are targeted to recent alumni with entry-level job experience, alumni with more professional experience should refer to the Alumni Career Connection board through the Bill and Susan Lhota Office of Alumni Career Management.
Networking with Other Alumni
The Ohio State University Alumni Association offers several ways to stay in touch with fellow alumni. Visit the Alumni Communities section of the organization's website for more information. Stay connected with other alumni and Ohio State community through the Alumni Association. Alumni can also exchange industry expertise and make connections on Alumnifire, a free networking and mentoring community.
Get Involved with Career Services
We recognize the knowledge and experience alumni have gained throughout their career. We appreciate alumni who give back to Ohio State by engaging with students through career services. Here are several ways that alumni can share their expertise with our current students:
- Offer to be a contact for students interested in conducting informational interviews. These are structured conversations in which students can learn about an alumni's career field and obtain advice for that particular field.
- Participate in a career panel to educate students about the job search process and offer information about how they can become involved with an alumni's company.
- Hold an informational session for students about an alumni's company/organization to increase student awareness - this is especially helpful to hold the day before conducting on-campus recruiting.
- Conduct on-campus interviews to generate an applicant pool for current openings.
- Participate in campus career fairs.
- Encourage an alumni's employer to create an account on Handshake to recruit Ohio State students and graduates.
Contact specific Ohio State career services offices to become involved with the campus community!
Alumni can recruit at Ohio State via Handshake for a variety of positions and career-related opportunities, such as jobs, internships and co-ops. Employers can also check with individual colleges or departments to see what types of positions or events they support or recommend. Contact a specific college career services office for more information.
Consider participating in an upcoming career fair or sponsoring a career prep event. A list of career fairs for the upcoming academic year is online and is just one way to keep up-to-date on career fairs held at Ohio State. By setting up an employer account on Handshake for your organization, you will have access to the most up-to-date list of career fairs, events and programs for Ohio State students.
For more information about connecting with and recruiting Ohio State students, contact Jennifer Chilman.